Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 17, Attempt #2

I totally forgot to do the leave-some-food-on-your-plate thing today. whoops. But, I am going to make a big fajita salad tomorrow, so I'll give myself a giant serving of that and save some for later.

I went to a big Canada Day bbq today, and I got a 'lean turkey smokey' dog...pure garbage to be sure, but probably a LOT less calories than the jumbo dog that I actually wanted. AND, I didn't eat the bun, even though it probably made me look like a weirdo. (Now that I think of it, getting something not on your diet plan and not eating it was part of Day 17...so I guess I did that part after all!) I was feeling kind of 'meh' about what I ate today (I also had some minestrone soup with pasta in it), but then I looked at my food diary and realized that in the grand scheme of things, I did pretty well after all!

Anyway, the thing that I am most proud of though is that when I got home I was in the mood to eat things...not particularly hungry, I just wanted to EAT. I snacked on some sugar snap peas and feta cheese, and then I still wanted more. Like maybe some wheat thins crackers, or popcorn, or chips... BUT, I told myself all the very cliche things from the Beck Book like "This is a craving, and it is great that I am identifying it as such, and strengthening my not-giving-in muscle by resisting it". And then I got out of the house and went for a walk. And now I'm back and I'm drinking a big mug of tea, and the craving has passed. VICTORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment