Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 30

Whoops, missed a day there!

So, I finished my first week of work...it has been super busy because I'm still doing some contract stuff for my old company, so it's like I have two jobs :( But, I really like being back in a routine...it has been good for my eating. Also, I signed up for a triathlon (just a mini one) on Sept 6th, so I'll need to do a whole/lot of swim/bike/running before then!

I haven't weighed in for a few days, mostly because I'm scared. I have no exciting plans for this weekend (just working, ugh) so I'll be eating super healthy and working out. Hopefully by Tuesday's weigh-in I'll be back at 147, or maybe 146!

I'm really enjoying my food scale. I've been measuring everything these days, and seeing how close I am to what I usually estimate...in general, it's less than I thought! I made a kale salad today though, and I measured the olive oil, and YIKES...120 calories in a tablespoon! I use 1.5, which means what I thought was a super healthy salad has almost 200 calories in oil! It's still a super healthy salad, of course...it's kale, for heaven's sake, but I'm going to try increasing the lemon juice and decreasing the oil and seeing if it still tastes good.

Anyway, back to the beck book...day 30 is coming at a good time because it is 'Stay in control while eating out'. Again, lots of helpful advice. I think the main thing for me to remember is, that even though I looooove eating (especially at restaurants), it is more important to be to be fit! The old line "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" is 100% accurate...I just need to keep reminding myself that!

Finally, here are few things I can give myself credit for, just because it's been a while:

- at work the other day I had a baggie of cashews (I had originally planned on putting them in a salad the day before, but didn't). I saw them the next morning, and I KNEW that even though cashews weren't what I planned to eat that day, if they were sitting in my desk when hunger struck in the afternoon I would eat them for sure. So I threw them out. Problem solved!

- I politely declined free samples on several occasions this week!

- I still have no junk food in the house, and it so helpful. If it's not there, I can't eat it!

okay, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment